Monday, February 22, 2010

Number One

Well, as one might guess from the title, I plan to have a running theme on this blog: Freedom.
That might sound kind of vague to some, but my goal here is to show how freedom can be the antidote to many of humanity's everyday problems. I don't actually have all the answers articulated yet, but that's what this blog is for.

Many people speak of the necessity for freedom in the market i.e. free market -- and of course healthcare is a major current issue in which the government is threatening to take away one of our most basic freedoms. I'll give my takes on these subjects and more -- mostly by providing links to smarter people than myself.

I'll also seek to extend the principles of freedom to improve relationships, parenting, and the overall enjoyment of life -- all of which I am working on in my own life -- just to name a few.

Most importantly though, I hope to just wake a few people up. If I can point just a handful of people to Milton Friedman, for example, that otherwise never would have heard of him, then I guess I did something positive with this.

So, without any futher commentary, I'll start with that. If you are so inclined, try http://www.ideachannel.tv/ . This site has lots of great videos from a lecture series he did years ago. You can also search for Milton Friedman on youtube and take your pick; they're all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment